Maoists blast rail track, torch mobile towers in Bihar
Jamui: Maoists Thursday night triggered a blast at a railway track and set afire two mobile phone towers and a tractor in Bihar`s Jamui district, police said.
A group of heavily armed Naxals triggered blast at the railway track near Narganju rail station, they said.
Train services were disrupted due to the incident, police said.
In Sanowar area, the rebels set afire two mobile phone towers and a tractor, a senior police official said.
A combing operation has been launched to nab the ultras, he said.
Meanwhile, the Maoists have given a bandh call in east Bihar and Jharkhand to protest the recent arrest of five top Naxal leaders in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16