Maoists blast rail track, torch mobile towers in Bihar
Jamui: Maoists Thursday night triggered a blast at a railway track and set afire two mobile phone towers and a tractor in Bihar`s Jamui district, police said.
A group of heavily armed Naxals triggered blast at the railway track near Narganju rail station, they said.
Train services were disrupted due to the incident, police said.
In Sanowar area, the rebels set afire two mobile phone towers and a tractor, a senior police official said.
A combing operation has been launched to nab the ultras, he said.
Meanwhile, the Maoists have given a bandh call in east Bihar and Jharkhand to protest the recent arrest of five top Naxal leaders in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state