Maoists blast rail track, torch mobile towers in Bihar
Jamui: Maoists Thursday night triggered a blast at a railway track and set afire two mobile phone towers and a tractor in Bihar`s Jamui district, police said.
A group of heavily armed Naxals triggered blast at the railway track near Narganju rail station, they said.
Train services were disrupted due to the incident, police said.
In Sanowar area, the rebels set afire two mobile phone towers and a tractor, a senior police official said.
A combing operation has been launched to nab the ultras, he said.
Meanwhile, the Maoists have given a bandh call in east Bihar and Jharkhand to protest the recent arrest of five top Naxal leaders in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials