Maoists blast rail track, torch mobile towers in Bihar
Jamui: Maoists Thursday night triggered a blast at a railway track and set afire two mobile phone towers and a tractor in Bihar`s Jamui district, police said.
A group of heavily armed Naxals triggered blast at the railway track near Narganju rail station, they said.
Train services were disrupted due to the incident, police said.
In Sanowar area, the rebels set afire two mobile phone towers and a tractor, a senior police official said.
A combing operation has been launched to nab the ultras, he said.
Meanwhile, the Maoists have given a bandh call in east Bihar and Jharkhand to protest the recent arrest of five top Naxal leaders in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir