Maoists blast rail track, torch mobile towers in Bihar
Jamui: Maoists Thursday night triggered a blast at a railway track and set afire two mobile phone towers and a tractor in Bihar`s Jamui district, police said.
A group of heavily armed Naxals triggered blast at the railway track near Narganju rail station, they said.
Train services were disrupted due to the incident, police said.
In Sanowar area, the rebels set afire two mobile phone towers and a tractor, a senior police official said.
A combing operation has been launched to nab the ultras, he said.
Meanwhile, the Maoists have given a bandh call in east Bihar and Jharkhand to protest the recent arrest of five top Naxal leaders in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men