Maoists blow up block office in Jamui district
Jamui: Heavily armed Maoists blew up the
Khaira Block office, destroyed official files by putting them
on fire and torched 12 sand-laden truck late last night in the
district, during their two-day East Bihar and Jharkand bandh
agitation, police sources said on Friday.
"Over 50 heavily armed naxals triggered dynamite blast to
blow up the Khaira block office," they said, adding the ultras
later burnt the official files.
They also set 12 sand-laden trucks on fire at Gidheshwar
Ghat under the Khaira police station area in the district,
No causualty were reported in these incidents, they
To protest the arrest of their five leaders from various
places in Bihar and Jharkhand, the Maoists have given a
two-day East Bihar and Jharkhand bandh call.
Two days ago, naxalites had burnt two mobile telephone
towers, blew up a railway cabin and set several vehicles on
fire in Bihar`s Jamui and Banka districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical