Maoists blow up block office in Jamui district
Jamui: Heavily armed Maoists blew up the
Khaira Block office, destroyed official files by putting them
on fire and torched 12 sand-laden truck late last night in the
district, during their two-day East Bihar and Jharkand bandh
agitation, police sources said on Friday.
"Over 50 heavily armed naxals triggered dynamite blast to
blow up the Khaira block office," they said, adding the ultras
later burnt the official files.
They also set 12 sand-laden trucks on fire at Gidheshwar
Ghat under the Khaira police station area in the district,
No causualty were reported in these incidents, they
To protest the arrest of their five leaders from various
places in Bihar and Jharkhand, the Maoists have given a
two-day East Bihar and Jharkhand bandh call.
Two days ago, naxalites had burnt two mobile telephone
towers, blew up a railway cabin and set several vehicles on
fire in Bihar`s Jamui and Banka districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Tinder rolls out its new feature in India
- Transgenders to soon be categorised as 'third gender', can change gender after sex-change surgery
- 'Don't abandon search', MH370 families plead
- Watch this beautiful video of Grand Canyon of Tuolumne River from space!
- India link emerges in $3.5-billion forex trading fraud at HSBC