Maoists blow up block office in Jamui district
Jamui: Heavily armed Maoists blew up the
Khaira Block office, destroyed official files by putting them
on fire and torched 12 sand-laden truck late last night in the
district, during their two-day East Bihar and Jharkand bandh
agitation, police sources said on Friday.
"Over 50 heavily armed naxals triggered dynamite blast to
blow up the Khaira block office," they said, adding the ultras
later burnt the official files.
They also set 12 sand-laden trucks on fire at Gidheshwar
Ghat under the Khaira police station area in the district,
No causualty were reported in these incidents, they
To protest the arrest of their five leaders from various
places in Bihar and Jharkhand, the Maoists have given a
two-day East Bihar and Jharkhand bandh call.
Two days ago, naxalites had burnt two mobile telephone
towers, blew up a railway cabin and set several vehicles on
fire in Bihar`s Jamui and Banka districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read