Maoists blow up CoBRA personnel`s house in Bihar
Aurangabad: Maoists attacked a village in Bihar`s Aurangabad district and blew up the house of a CoBRA personnel, police said Thursday.
Aurangabad Police Superintendent Upendra Kumar Sharma said the banned CPI(Maoist) members raided Pipra village late last night and blew up the house of CRPF personnel Vinod Singh, who is currently posted at Barachatti in Gaya district as a member of Combat Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA).
The CoBRA force is deployed for anti-Naxal operations in the state.
"The Maoists threatened the family members of Singh and pulled them out of the house. They later laid explosives inside the building and blew it up. The house has been damaged," said the SP.
The Maoists also shouted slogans against the government and CRPF before leaving.
The pamphlets left by them at the spot claimed the action was in protest against the July 19 police firing at Madanpur in the district in which two person were killed.
There was not report of any casualty.
The SP said the police were conducting raids in and around the area after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'