Maoists blow up irrigation dept residential quarters in Bihar
Aurangabad: A large number of Maoists raided a residential colony of the irrigation department and blew up seven quarters in Bihar`s Aurangabad district.
Superintendent of police Daljit Singh said on Thursday the incident took place last night at Mishu Bigaha village but there was no casualty.
The quarters were blown up apparently to foil plans to set up a permanent camp office of CRPF`s CoBRA battalion there. Extensive repair and renovation was carried out in the quarters recently for the purpose, he said.
A cane bomb was later recovered from the spot.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were on to nab the ultras, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured