Maoists blow up irrigation dept residential quarters in Bihar
Aurangabad: A large number of Maoists raided a residential colony of the irrigation department and blew up seven quarters in Bihar`s Aurangabad district.
Superintendent of police Daljit Singh said on Thursday the incident took place last night at Mishu Bigaha village but there was no casualty.
The quarters were blown up apparently to foil plans to set up a permanent camp office of CRPF`s CoBRA battalion there. Extensive repair and renovation was carried out in the quarters recently for the purpose, he said.
A cane bomb was later recovered from the spot.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were on to nab the ultras, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss