Maoists blow up irrigation dept residential quarters in Bihar
Aurangabad: A large number of Maoists raided a residential colony of the irrigation department and blew up seven quarters in Bihar`s Aurangabad district.
Superintendent of police Daljit Singh said on Thursday the incident took place last night at Mishu Bigaha village but there was no casualty.
The quarters were blown up apparently to foil plans to set up a permanent camp office of CRPF`s CoBRA battalion there. Extensive repair and renovation was carried out in the quarters recently for the purpose, he said.
A cane bomb was later recovered from the spot.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were on to nab the ultras, the SP added.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Nihal Batla, face of Progeria awareness campaign in India, dies at 15
- BJP slams UP CM Akhilesh Yadav over hunger death in Bundelkhand
- Shah Rukh Khan should get National Award for 'FAN'—See who says this!
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding
- Shiv Sena slams Centre's U-turn on Hurriyat, says BJP govt acting like a 'chameleon'