Maoists blow up irrigation dept residential quarters in Bihar
Aurangabad: A large number of Maoists raided a residential colony of the irrigation department and blew up seven quarters in Bihar`s Aurangabad district.
Superintendent of police Daljit Singh said on Thursday the incident took place last night at Mishu Bigaha village but there was no casualty.
The quarters were blown up apparently to foil plans to set up a permanent camp office of CRPF`s CoBRA battalion there. Extensive repair and renovation was carried out in the quarters recently for the purpose, he said.
A cane bomb was later recovered from the spot.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were on to nab the ultras, the SP added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan