Maoists blow up irrigation dept residential quarters in Bihar
Aurangabad: A large number of Maoists raided a residential colony of the irrigation department and blew up seven quarters in Bihar`s Aurangabad district.
Superintendent of police Daljit Singh said on Thursday the incident took place last night at Mishu Bigaha village but there was no casualty.
The quarters were blown up apparently to foil plans to set up a permanent camp office of CRPF`s CoBRA battalion there. Extensive repair and renovation was carried out in the quarters recently for the purpose, he said.
A cane bomb was later recovered from the spot.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were on to nab the ultras, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary