Maoists blow up mobile towers; cylinder bomb found as Narendra Modi visits Bihar
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Hours after Maoists blew up two mobile telephone towers in Bihar`s Gaya district, a cylinder bomb was on Thursday recovered from a railway station ahead of ahead of two election rallies of Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in the state.
According to reports, the bomb, recovered at a railway station between Gaya and Mughal Sarai, was to be planted on Rajdhani Express.
In a major security lapse, according to Superintendent of Police Nishant Tewari, nearly 100 Maoists gathered in the areas and blew up two mobile towers of a private company by exploding powerful bombs at Manjhauli and Dumaria Bazar villages late Wednesday night.
The ultras have called a bandh in the Maoist-hit districts of south central part of the state in protest against the killing of 10 of their cadres in Chhatra recently.
Modi is scheduled to address two election rallies at Maoist-hit Sasaram and Gaya this afternoon.
"We have anticipated all types of threats from the Maoists and terrorists. Security arrangements are being made accordingly," Director General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand had said yesterday.
At least seven people, including a suspected bomber, were killed and nearly 100 injured just ahead of a rally by Modi in Patna on October 27, 2013.
The brain behind last year`s blasts in Patna and Bodh Gaya, Indian Mujahideen operative Tehseen Akhtar alias Monu, has been arrested by the Delhi police from Rajasthan.
The Bihar government has decided to deploy 48,000 security personnel in six Maoist-affected Lok Sabha constituencies to ensure peaceful polling there. The six constituencies are Aurangabad, Jehanabad, Karakat, Jamui, Gaya and Sasaram.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof