Maoists blow up police officer`s home in Bihar
Patna: Maoist guerrillas on Thursday blew up the home of a police officer in Bihar to protest the killing of two people a few days ago in a gunbattle with police, an officer said.
The home of inspector Kedar Nath Singh was severely damaged in the attack that took place in Aurangabad district`s Manjhauli village.
Aurangabad superintendent of police Upender Kumar Sharma said there were no casualties. Kedar Nath Singh is posted in Katihar district, he added.
Sharma said Maoists surrounded the home and asked his family to vacate. They later blew up the home using dynamite.
"Maoists blew up the home during a shutdown called by them to protest the killing of two people in police firing in Aurangabad a few days ago," another police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?