Maoists blow up police officer`s home in Bihar
Patna: Maoist guerrillas on Thursday blew up the home of a police officer in Bihar to protest the killing of two people a few days ago in a gunbattle with police, an officer said.
The home of inspector Kedar Nath Singh was severely damaged in the attack that took place in Aurangabad district`s Manjhauli village.
Aurangabad superintendent of police Upender Kumar Sharma said there were no casualties. Kedar Nath Singh is posted in Katihar district, he added.
Sharma said Maoists surrounded the home and asked his family to vacate. They later blew up the home using dynamite.
"Maoists blew up the home during a shutdown called by them to protest the killing of two people in police firing in Aurangabad a few days ago," another police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan