Maoists blow up police officer`s home in Bihar
Patna: Maoist guerrillas on Thursday blew up the home of a police officer in Bihar to protest the killing of two people a few days ago in a gunbattle with police, an officer said.
The home of inspector Kedar Nath Singh was severely damaged in the attack that took place in Aurangabad district`s Manjhauli village.
Aurangabad superintendent of police Upender Kumar Sharma said there were no casualties. Kedar Nath Singh is posted in Katihar district, he added.
Sharma said Maoists surrounded the home and asked his family to vacate. They later blew up the home using dynamite.
"Maoists blew up the home during a shutdown called by them to protest the killing of two people in police firing in Aurangabad a few days ago," another police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users