Maoists blow up power sub-station in Bihar
Jamui: A power sub-station was blown up by armed Maoists in a village in Bihar`s naxal-infested Jamui district, police said.
The Maoists, numbering over 100, stormed the power sub-station in Badigram village last midnight and blew it up with explosives, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Virendra Sahu said today.
A room of the power sub-station was totally wrecked in the explosion hitting power supply, Sahu said.
Some employees at the sub-station managed to escape just in time, Sahu said.
A case has been registered and a search for the Maoists was being made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen
- Boy George 'devastated' over friend's suicide