Maoists blow up power sub-station in Bihar
Jamui: A power sub-station was blown up by armed Maoists in a village in Bihar`s naxal-infested Jamui district, police said.
The Maoists, numbering over 100, stormed the power sub-station in Badigram village last midnight and blew it up with explosives, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Virendra Sahu said today.
A room of the power sub-station was totally wrecked in the explosion hitting power supply, Sahu said.
Some employees at the sub-station managed to escape just in time, Sahu said.
A case has been registered and a search for the Maoists was being made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city