Maoists blow up power sub-station in Bihar
Jamui: A power sub-station was blown up by armed Maoists in a village in Bihar`s naxal-infested Jamui district, police said.
The Maoists, numbering over 100, stormed the power sub-station in Badigram village last midnight and blew it up with explosives, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Virendra Sahu said today.
A room of the power sub-station was totally wrecked in the explosion hitting power supply, Sahu said.
Some employees at the sub-station managed to escape just in time, Sahu said.
A case has been registered and a search for the Maoists was being made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview