Maoists blow up rail track in Bihar
Hajipur: Maoists on Saturday blew up a railway track on Muzaffarpur-Hajipur section under Sonepur division of the East-Central Railway (ECR) in Bihar`s Vaishali district, affecting train services on the route for several hours.
A group of Maoists detonated explosives on the railway track near Ghoswar village under Sadar police station in the morning to disrupt railway traffic on Muzaffarpur-Hajipur section, railway sources said.
About half a foot long track got totally damaged in the Maoist attack, they said.
As many as 10 trains, including Avadh-Assam Express, Sabarmati Express, Amrapali Express, Lichchavi Express, Maurya Express, Saptkranti Express, Gwalior-Barauni Express, remained stranded at various destinations for several hours, the sources said.
Railway engineers later repaired the tracks to resume movement of trains on this route, they said.
The Maoists have called for a two-day bandh in Jharkhand and Bihar starting today to protest killing of several of their top leaders in clash with another insurgent group in the neighbouring state recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love