Maoists blow up rail track in Bihar
Hajipur: Maoists on Saturday blew up a railway track on Muzaffarpur-Hajipur section under Sonepur division of the East-Central Railway (ECR) in Bihar`s Vaishali district, affecting train services on the route for several hours.
A group of Maoists detonated explosives on the railway track near Ghoswar village under Sadar police station in the morning to disrupt railway traffic on Muzaffarpur-Hajipur section, railway sources said.
About half a foot long track got totally damaged in the Maoist attack, they said.
As many as 10 trains, including Avadh-Assam Express, Sabarmati Express, Amrapali Express, Lichchavi Express, Maurya Express, Saptkranti Express, Gwalior-Barauni Express, remained stranded at various destinations for several hours, the sources said.
Railway engineers later repaired the tracks to resume movement of trains on this route, they said.
The Maoists have called for a two-day bandh in Jharkhand and Bihar starting today to protest killing of several of their top leaders in clash with another insurgent group in the neighbouring state recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro