Maoists blow up railway tracks in Bihar
Jamui (Bihar): Railway property was targetted
by Maoists for the third consecutive day in Bihar on Tuesday on
the last day of their 72-hr bandh.
Commandant of Railway Protection Force (RPF) R S P Singh
said that the Maoists attacked Narganjo railway station in
Jamui district under Jhaja-Jasidih section of East Central
Railway late last night.
After beating up the station master Vijay Shanker, the
Maoists set ablaze the cabin and blew the down line affecting
movement of long-distance and local trains for several hours.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) U S
Dutt too confirmed the incident.
Chief Public Relations Officer of East Central Railway
Dilip Kumar said in Patna that the damaged track was repaired
and movement of trains on upline commenced at 5 am and on the
down line at 8.30 am.
Several long distance were running four to eight hours
behind schedule, he said.
In view of the incident several trains including 2023-2024
Howrah Janshtabadi express, 3305-3306 Dhanbad-Gaya intercity,
3331 -3332 Patna Dhanbad inter-city express and 8184 up
Danapur Tata Express had been cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?