Maoists blow up railway tracks in Bihar
Jamui (Bihar): Railway property was targetted
by Maoists for the third consecutive day in Bihar on Tuesday on
the last day of their 72-hr bandh.
Commandant of Railway Protection Force (RPF) R S P Singh
said that the Maoists attacked Narganjo railway station in
Jamui district under Jhaja-Jasidih section of East Central
Railway late last night.
After beating up the station master Vijay Shanker, the
Maoists set ablaze the cabin and blew the down line affecting
movement of long-distance and local trains for several hours.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) U S
Dutt too confirmed the incident.
Chief Public Relations Officer of East Central Railway
Dilip Kumar said in Patna that the damaged track was repaired
and movement of trains on upline commenced at 5 am and on the
down line at 8.30 am.
Several long distance were running four to eight hours
behind schedule, he said.
In view of the incident several trains including 2023-2024
Howrah Janshtabadi express, 3305-3306 Dhanbad-Gaya intercity,
3331 -3332 Patna Dhanbad inter-city express and 8184 up
Danapur Tata Express had been cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!