Maoists burn equipment of NTPC plant
Aurangabad: Armed Maoists burnt equipments of a power plant being jointly set up by railways and NTPC at Nabinagar in Bihar`s Aurangabad district, police said on Thursday.
Over 50 naxalites raided the construction site of the proposed plant late last night and burnt several equipments, including four dumpers, three hydra cranes and mixer machine
worth lakhs of rupees, Superintendent of Police Vivek Raj Singh said.
They also held captive some of the workers and assaulted them, he said.
A combing operation has been launched to track down the naxalites.
The railway and NTPC are jointly setting up a 2000 MW spower plant at Surar village in Nabinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'