Maoists burn police jeep in Bihar
Sheohar: Armed Maoists on Tuesday burnt a police
jeep and forced the policemen to return to Tariyani police
station on the second day of their 48-hour shut-down in Bihar
against Operation Greenhunt, police sources said.
Several naxalites surrounded the police jeep, carrying
policemen from Tariyani for patrol, at Kanta Chowk and
commanded the men in uniforms to return to the police station
in broad daylight, sources said.
They later sprayed petrol and kerosene and burnt the
jeep which was reduced to ashes, they said.
Raids were on in the area to apprehend the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi