Maoists burn police jeep in Bihar
Sheohar: Armed Maoists on Tuesday burnt a police
jeep and forced the policemen to return to Tariyani police
station on the second day of their 48-hour shut-down in Bihar
against Operation Greenhunt, police sources said.
Several naxalites surrounded the police jeep, carrying
policemen from Tariyani for patrol, at Kanta Chowk and
commanded the men in uniforms to return to the police station
in broad daylight, sources said.
They later sprayed petrol and kerosene and burnt the
jeep which was reduced to ashes, they said.
Raids were on in the area to apprehend the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred