Maoists damage school in Bihar
Patna: Maoists badly damaged a school building in Bihar`s Jamui district Monday as they began a daylong strike across the country to protest price rise, corruption and the arrest of rebel leaders, police said Monday.
Police said Maoists targeted a school building where a police picket was set up last year but later vacated. Jamui is about 200 km from here.
"Maoists used a JCB machine to raze the school building," a police official said.
Maoists have pasted posters in different places saying they have called a strike to protest price rise, corruption and the arrest of Maoist leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores