Maoists damage school in Bihar
Patna: Maoists badly damaged a school building in Bihar`s Jamui district Monday as they began a daylong strike across the country to protest price rise, corruption and the arrest of rebel leaders, police said Monday.
Police said Maoists targeted a school building where a police picket was set up last year but later vacated. Jamui is about 200 km from here.
"Maoists used a JCB machine to raze the school building," a police official said.
Maoists have pasted posters in different places saying they have called a strike to protest price rise, corruption and the arrest of Maoist leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees