Maoists damage school in Bihar
Patna: Maoists badly damaged a school building in Bihar`s Jamui district Monday as they began a daylong strike across the country to protest price rise, corruption and the arrest of rebel leaders, police said Monday.
Police said Maoists targeted a school building where a police picket was set up last year but later vacated. Jamui is about 200 km from here.
"Maoists used a JCB machine to raze the school building," a police official said.
Maoists have pasted posters in different places saying they have called a strike to protest price rise, corruption and the arrest of Maoist leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur