Maoists destroy school building in Bihar
Jamui: Maoists triggered a blast in a school building in Bihar`s Jamui district, damaging the structure. A group of Maoists stormed the government school last night and detonated explosives in the building damaging it totally, Superintendent of Police Deepak Barnwal said on Saturday.
The Maoists attacked the school building apparently in retaliation to intensified operation by the security forces against them, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were being carried out to nab the ultras, Barnwal said.
The Maoists, including its women unit, had on Thursday attacked Patna-bound Dhanbad-Patna Intercity Express and fired indiscriminately on the RPF escort party and passengers killing three persons, while five others sustained injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister