Maoists free 7 kidnapped labourers in Bihar
Jamui: All seven labourers kidnapped
from Pakari village in the district on December 9 have been
released by Maoists.
The labourers were set free at a hillock near Rajaun
Bishanpur village late Sunday night, Superintendent of Police R
N Singh said on Monday.
The labourers were given a medical check-up in a hospital
before they returned home, he said.
Over 50 heavily-armed guerrillas on December 9 had
kidnapped the labourers working for a private construction
firm from two different sites in Jamui district.
The labourers were kidnapped after the construction firm
failed to meet their demands for money, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city