Maoists free 7 kidnapped labourers in Bihar
Jamui: All seven labourers kidnapped
from Pakari village in the district on December 9 have been
released by Maoists.
The labourers were set free at a hillock near Rajaun
Bishanpur village late Sunday night, Superintendent of Police R
N Singh said on Monday.
The labourers were given a medical check-up in a hospital
before they returned home, he said.
Over 50 heavily-armed guerrillas on December 9 had
kidnapped the labourers working for a private construction
firm from two different sites in Jamui district.
The labourers were kidnapped after the construction firm
failed to meet their demands for money, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?