Maoists free 7 kidnapped labourers in Bihar
Jamui: All seven labourers kidnapped
from Pakari village in the district on December 9 have been
released by Maoists.
The labourers were set free at a hillock near Rajaun
Bishanpur village late Sunday night, Superintendent of Police R
N Singh said on Monday.
The labourers were given a medical check-up in a hospital
before they returned home, he said.
Over 50 heavily-armed guerrillas on December 9 had
kidnapped the labourers working for a private construction
firm from two different sites in Jamui district.
The labourers were kidnapped after the construction firm
failed to meet their demands for money, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?