Maoists kidnap 19 railway employees, release them later
Jamui/Kolkata: In a brazen daylight operation, Maoists on Wednesday abducted 19 railway employees, including a station master in Bihar`s Jamui district, but later released all of them.
The armed Maoists, numbering about 20, took the railway employees hostage when they were repairing railway tracks 3 km from Ghorparan station located between Jasidih and Simultala stations on Jhajha-Jasidih section, Simultala station master RNP Yadav said.
The ultras took all the railway employees to a nearby forest where they released 16 of them, including section engineer Soren Manjhi and Permanent Way Inspector Bhuwaneshwar Manda, he said.
Three other railway employees, Ghorparan station master Vijay Kumar and porters Munna Kumar and Dukhan Mahto, were released later by the Maoists, an Eastern Railway release said in Kolkata.
Railway Minister Mukul Roy said in Kolkata, "We have spoken to the Bihar Home Secretary and the Inspector General of RPF has talked to the Bihar DGP."
The Chairman of the Railway Board was also in touch with the Bihar government and the Union Home Ministry, he said.
Jamui District Magistrate Mayank Barbare, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sharma and Sub-Divisional Officer Amlendu Kumar camped at the spot to supervise rescue operations launched by the CRPF`s CoBRA battalion and the district police.
Train services, disrupted on the Howrah-Delhi main line after the incident at 10:30 hrs, resumed at 14:02 hrs, the railway minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow