Maoists kidnap 19 railway employees, release them later
Jamui/Kolkata: In a brazen daylight operation, Maoists on Wednesday abducted 19 railway employees, including a station master in Bihar`s Jamui district, but later released all of them.
The armed Maoists, numbering about 20, took the railway employees hostage when they were repairing railway tracks 3 km from Ghorparan station located between Jasidih and Simultala stations on Jhajha-Jasidih section, Simultala station master RNP Yadav said.
The ultras took all the railway employees to a nearby forest where they released 16 of them, including section engineer Soren Manjhi and Permanent Way Inspector Bhuwaneshwar Manda, he said.
Three other railway employees, Ghorparan station master Vijay Kumar and porters Munna Kumar and Dukhan Mahto, were released later by the Maoists, an Eastern Railway release said in Kolkata.
Railway Minister Mukul Roy said in Kolkata, "We have spoken to the Bihar Home Secretary and the Inspector General of RPF has talked to the Bihar DGP."
The Chairman of the Railway Board was also in touch with the Bihar government and the Union Home Ministry, he said.
Jamui District Magistrate Mayank Barbare, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sharma and Sub-Divisional Officer Amlendu Kumar camped at the spot to supervise rescue operations launched by the CRPF`s CoBRA battalion and the district police.
Train services, disrupted on the Howrah-Delhi main line after the incident at 10:30 hrs, resumed at 14:02 hrs, the railway minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know