Maoists kill 2 traders for not paying extortion money
Khagaria (Bihar): Two fish-traders were shot dead by suspected Maoists for failing to pay extortion money in Khagaria district, police said on Wednesday.
Khagaria Superintendent of Police Mithu Prasad said the Maoists had demanded Rs 50,000 from fish traders Sagar Sahni (32) and his uncle Chhathu Sahni (45) and killed them last night as they failed to meet the demand.
The villagers complained that the murders in Bahadurpur Diara locality under Alauli police station were committed at the behest of CPI(Maoist) area commander Lakhan Singh alias Lambu, Prasad said.
Chhathu Sahni`s son Ranjit Mukhiya lodged an FIR naming Lambu and five other persons as responsible for the killing of his father and cousin.
Lambu was out on bail in connection with the cases related to Naxal violence, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog