Maoists kill 2 traders for not paying extortion money
Khagaria (Bihar): Two fish-traders were shot dead by suspected Maoists for failing to pay extortion money in Khagaria district, police said on Wednesday.
Khagaria Superintendent of Police Mithu Prasad said the Maoists had demanded Rs 50,000 from fish traders Sagar Sahni (32) and his uncle Chhathu Sahni (45) and killed them last night as they failed to meet the demand.
The villagers complained that the murders in Bahadurpur Diara locality under Alauli police station were committed at the behest of CPI(Maoist) area commander Lakhan Singh alias Lambu, Prasad said.
Chhathu Sahni`s son Ranjit Mukhiya lodged an FIR naming Lambu and five other persons as responsible for the killing of his father and cousin.
Lambu was out on bail in connection with the cases related to Naxal violence, Prasad said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!