Maoists kill 2 traders for not paying extortion money
Khagaria (Bihar): Two fish-traders were shot dead by suspected Maoists for failing to pay extortion money in Khagaria district, police said on Wednesday.
Khagaria Superintendent of Police Mithu Prasad said the Maoists had demanded Rs 50,000 from fish traders Sagar Sahni (32) and his uncle Chhathu Sahni (45) and killed them last night as they failed to meet the demand.
The villagers complained that the murders in Bahadurpur Diara locality under Alauli police station were committed at the behest of CPI(Maoist) area commander Lakhan Singh alias Lambu, Prasad said.
Chhathu Sahni`s son Ranjit Mukhiya lodged an FIR naming Lambu and five other persons as responsible for the killing of his father and cousin.
Lambu was out on bail in connection with the cases related to Naxal violence, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS