Maoists kill 5 tribesmen in Bihar
Sasaram: The bodies of five Kharwar
tribe members, killed in an attack by Maoists, were recovered
from the hills of Banda village in Bihar`s Rohtas district
Over 100 heavily-armed Maoists swooped on the village
around 8 last night and fired at random, killing five persons
including a woman on the spot and injuring four others,
The ultras also burnt the house of a local leader and
former `mukhiya` Sugrive Singh Khairwar, who had been
spearheading an agitation against the ultra left outfit and
also those opposed to the development of the region.
Superintendent of Police Mannu Maharaj today reached
the spot with CRPF personal after trekking the hills and
The five victims were identified as Ram Pravesh
Khairwar, Awadhesh Khairwar, Sriram Khairwar, Shyambihari
Khairwar and Chanda Devi.
Director General of Police Neelmani said personnel of
Bihar Military police, Special Task Force, Central Reserve
Police Force and Commando Battalion for Resolute Action
(Cobra) personal were combing the area now.
One of the five deceased, Sriram is the brother of
The Maoists carried out the operation in apparent
retaliation to the killing of their top leader and self-styled
commander Brinder Rana Yadav recently.
All the police stations in Maoist-hit areas of Rohtas,
Kaimur, Aurangabad districts have been alerted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth