Maoists kill 5 tribesmen in Bihar
Sasaram: The bodies of five Kharwar
tribe members, killed in an attack by Maoists, were recovered
from the hills of Banda village in Bihar`s Rohtas district
Over 100 heavily-armed Maoists swooped on the village
around 8 last night and fired at random, killing five persons
including a woman on the spot and injuring four others,
The ultras also burnt the house of a local leader and
former `mukhiya` Sugrive Singh Khairwar, who had been
spearheading an agitation against the ultra left outfit and
also those opposed to the development of the region.
Superintendent of Police Mannu Maharaj today reached
the spot with CRPF personal after trekking the hills and
The five victims were identified as Ram Pravesh
Khairwar, Awadhesh Khairwar, Sriram Khairwar, Shyambihari
Khairwar and Chanda Devi.
Director General of Police Neelmani said personnel of
Bihar Military police, Special Task Force, Central Reserve
Police Force and Commando Battalion for Resolute Action
(Cobra) personal were combing the area now.
One of the five deceased, Sriram is the brother of
The Maoists carried out the operation in apparent
retaliation to the killing of their top leader and self-styled
commander Brinder Rana Yadav recently.
All the police stations in Maoist-hit areas of Rohtas,
Kaimur, Aurangabad districts have been alerted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest