Maoists kill one, burn telecom equipment
Jamui: Armed Maoists shot dead a
villager and burnt equipment of BSNL and Reliance towers in the district Monday, police said.
The bike-borne Maoists arrived at Dayaldih village and set
fire to the towers after ordering some villagers, who were
sleeping nearby, to leave, they said.
When a villager Bhim Thakur raised an alarm the ultras
shot him dead and also fired a few shots to scare away people.
A coming operation has been launched, they said, adding
the ultras have given a 24-hour shut down call from midnight
last night to protest the arrest of their `commander` of
Jharkhand-Bihar zone Samir Das in Banka district three days
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report