Maoists kill one, burn telecom equipment
Jamui: Armed Maoists shot dead a
villager and burnt equipment of BSNL and Reliance towers in the district Monday, police said.
The bike-borne Maoists arrived at Dayaldih village and set
fire to the towers after ordering some villagers, who were
sleeping nearby, to leave, they said.
When a villager Bhim Thakur raised an alarm the ultras
shot him dead and also fired a few shots to scare away people.
A coming operation has been launched, they said, adding
the ultras have given a 24-hour shut down call from midnight
last night to protest the arrest of their `commander` of
Jharkhand-Bihar zone Samir Das in Banka district three days
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad