Maoists kill one, burn telecom equipment
Jamui: Armed Maoists shot dead a
villager and burnt equipment of BSNL and Reliance towers in the district Monday, police said.
The bike-borne Maoists arrived at Dayaldih village and set
fire to the towers after ordering some villagers, who were
sleeping nearby, to leave, they said.
When a villager Bhim Thakur raised an alarm the ultras
shot him dead and also fired a few shots to scare away people.
A coming operation has been launched, they said, adding
the ultras have given a 24-hour shut down call from midnight
last night to protest the arrest of their `commander` of
Jharkhand-Bihar zone Samir Das in Banka district three days
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics