Maoists kill one, burn telecom equipment
Jamui: Armed Maoists shot dead a
villager and burnt equipment of BSNL and Reliance towers in the district Monday, police said.
The bike-borne Maoists arrived at Dayaldih village and set
fire to the towers after ordering some villagers, who were
sleeping nearby, to leave, they said.
When a villager Bhim Thakur raised an alarm the ultras
shot him dead and also fired a few shots to scare away people.
A coming operation has been launched, they said, adding
the ultras have given a 24-hour shut down call from midnight
last night to protest the arrest of their `commander` of
Jharkhand-Bihar zone Samir Das in Banka district three days
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll