Maoists kill one, injure another in attack on Bihar village
Aurangabad: A man was killed and another injured when a group of 40-50 armed Maoists attacked Chandpur village in Bihar`s Naxal-hit Aurangabad district.
Ajit Kumar was killed and Umashankar received multiple splinter injuries when the Naxalites fired indiscriminately last night, the police said.
They were chased away by villagers, but not before the extremists set fire to a jeep and five motorcycles.
An anti-Naxal operation is on in the area, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title