Maoists kill one, injure another in attack on Bihar village
Aurangabad: A man was killed and another injured when a group of 40-50 armed Maoists attacked Chandpur village in Bihar`s Naxal-hit Aurangabad district.
Ajit Kumar was killed and Umashankar received multiple splinter injuries when the Naxalites fired indiscriminately last night, the police said.
They were chased away by villagers, but not before the extremists set fire to a jeep and five motorcycles.
An anti-Naxal operation is on in the area, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!