Maoists kill one, injure another in attack on Bihar village
Aurangabad: A man was killed and another injured when a group of 40-50 armed Maoists attacked Chandpur village in Bihar`s Naxal-hit Aurangabad district.
Ajit Kumar was killed and Umashankar received multiple splinter injuries when the Naxalites fired indiscriminately last night, the police said.
They were chased away by villagers, but not before the extremists set fire to a jeep and five motorcycles.
An anti-Naxal operation is on in the area, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon