Maoists kill one, injure another in attack on Bihar
Aurangabad: A man was killed and another injured when a group of 40-50 armed Maoists attacked Chandpur village in Bihar`s Naxal-hit Aurangabad district.
Ajit Kumar was killed and Umashankar received multiple splinter injuries when the Naxalites fired indiscriminately last night, the police said.
They were chased away by villagers, but not before the extremists set fire to a jeep and five motorcycles.
An anti-Naxal operation is on in the area, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation