Maoists kill one, torch vehicle in Bihar
Gaya (Bihar): Armed Maoists shot dead one person and torched a truck on the GT road after attacking Amas police station in the district, police said on Sunday.
Over one hundred Maoists raided the police station and opened indiscriminate firing on the nearby GT road, killing one driver of a private car last night. The Maoists also torched a truck there.
Soon Magadh Range DIG Bachchu Singh Meena rushed to the police station and an encounter ensued between the Maoists and the cops, police said.
The policemen fired about 150 rounds on the ultras, who retreated in Dakshini Pahari forests.
A massive search operation has been launched in the area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees