Maoists kill one, torch vehicle in Bihar
Gaya (Bihar): Armed Maoists shot dead one person and torched a truck on the GT road after attacking Amas police station in the district, police said on Sunday.
Over one hundred Maoists raided the police station and opened indiscriminate firing on the nearby GT road, killing one driver of a private car last night. The Maoists also torched a truck there.
Soon Magadh Range DIG Bachchu Singh Meena rushed to the police station and an encounter ensued between the Maoists and the cops, police said.
The policemen fired about 150 rounds on the ultras, who retreated in Dakshini Pahari forests.
A massive search operation has been launched in the area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Shabir Choudhry rejects UN Secy Gen's letter to Pak PM as ''unimpressive''
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today