Maoists kill one, torch vehicle in Bihar
Gaya (Bihar): Armed Maoists shot dead one person and torched a truck on the GT road after attacking Amas police station in the district, police said on Sunday.
Over one hundred Maoists raided the police station and opened indiscriminate firing on the nearby GT road, killing one driver of a private car last night. The Maoists also torched a truck there.
Soon Magadh Range DIG Bachchu Singh Meena rushed to the police station and an encounter ensued between the Maoists and the cops, police said.
The policemen fired about 150 rounds on the ultras, who retreated in Dakshini Pahari forests.
A massive search operation has been launched in the area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog