Maoists kill two, injure another in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Armed Maoist cadre, dressed in police uniform, attacked the house of Chairman of Primary Agriculture Credit Society killing two persons and injuring another in a village in Kudhni in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, a police officer said Tuesday.
"Prabhat Rai (25) and Laxmi Rai (60) died on the spot, while Rajkumar Rai suffered bullet injuries last night when Maoist cadre dressed in police uniform attacked Chairman of Primary Agriculture Credit Society (PACS) Pradeep Rai`s house at Mankauli village," Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), West, Anuj Kumar said.
Nearly two dozen armed Maoists dressed in police uniform fired randomly on the family members of Rai, he said.
The injured person was admitted to a hospital, Kumar said, adding his condition was stated to be critical.
Maoists left behind leaflets containing slogans against the landed gentry and warned Rai against exploiting the poor people, DSP said.
A case has been registered against unidentified Maoists and raids were being carried out to arrest the attackers, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM