Maoists kill two, injure another in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Armed Maoist cadre, dressed in police uniform, attacked the house of Chairman of Primary Agriculture Credit Society killing two persons and injuring another in a village in Kudhni in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, a police officer said Tuesday.
"Prabhat Rai (25) and Laxmi Rai (60) died on the spot, while Rajkumar Rai suffered bullet injuries last night when Maoist cadre dressed in police uniform attacked Chairman of Primary Agriculture Credit Society (PACS) Pradeep Rai`s house at Mankauli village," Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), West, Anuj Kumar said.
Nearly two dozen armed Maoists dressed in police uniform fired randomly on the family members of Rai, he said.
The injured person was admitted to a hospital, Kumar said, adding his condition was stated to be critical.
Maoists left behind leaflets containing slogans against the landed gentry and warned Rai against exploiting the poor people, DSP said.
A case has been registered against unidentified Maoists and raids were being carried out to arrest the attackers, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 3D model demonstrates how sea waves transport materials within aquatic ecosystems
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law