Maoists kill two, injure another in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Armed Maoist cadre, dressed in police uniform, attacked the house of Chairman of Primary Agriculture Credit Society killing two persons and injuring another in a village in Kudhni in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, a police officer said Tuesday.
"Prabhat Rai (25) and Laxmi Rai (60) died on the spot, while Rajkumar Rai suffered bullet injuries last night when Maoist cadre dressed in police uniform attacked Chairman of Primary Agriculture Credit Society (PACS) Pradeep Rai`s house at Mankauli village," Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), West, Anuj Kumar said.
Nearly two dozen armed Maoists dressed in police uniform fired randomly on the family members of Rai, he said.
The injured person was admitted to a hospital, Kumar said, adding his condition was stated to be critical.
Maoists left behind leaflets containing slogans against the landed gentry and warned Rai against exploiting the poor people, DSP said.
A case has been registered against unidentified Maoists and raids were being carried out to arrest the attackers, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'