Maoists kill two, injure another in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Armed Maoist cadre, dressed in police uniform, attacked the house of Chairman of Primary Agriculture Credit Society killing two persons and injuring another in a village in Kudhni in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, a police officer said Tuesday.
"Prabhat Rai (25) and Laxmi Rai (60) died on the spot, while Rajkumar Rai suffered bullet injuries last night when Maoist cadre dressed in police uniform attacked Chairman of Primary Agriculture Credit Society (PACS) Pradeep Rai`s house at Mankauli village," Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), West, Anuj Kumar said.
Nearly two dozen armed Maoists dressed in police uniform fired randomly on the family members of Rai, he said.
The injured person was admitted to a hospital, Kumar said, adding his condition was stated to be critical.
Maoists left behind leaflets containing slogans against the landed gentry and warned Rai against exploiting the poor people, DSP said.
A case has been registered against unidentified Maoists and raids were being carried out to arrest the attackers, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers