Maoists kill two villagers in Gaya
Gaya: Maoists have shot dead two persons in Mahurania forests in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said Thursday.
Three days after abducting five persons on the charge of being police informants, the Maoists held an open court in Mahurania forests yesterday and shot dead two persons, identified as Laxman Bhokta and Rampravesh Prasad after pronouncing the duo guilty following a brief trial, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Nishant Kumar Tiwari said.
Bhokta hailed from Dumri village while Prasad belonged to Masarhi village of the district, he said.
The Maoists freed three other unidentified villagers after acquitting them of the charge of hobnobbing with the police, Tiwari said.
The bodies of two slain villagers were recovered from Nimiatand forests under Amad police station area today and sent for post-mortem, the SSP said.
A case has been registered in this connection and a probe was on, Tiwari said.
The Maoists had abducted five people from different villages on December 31 last for being police informants, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list