Maoists kill two villagers in Jamui District of Bihar
Bihar: In a yet another Maoists strike on Tuesday Maoists abducted and hacked to death a Panchayat Samiti member and chairman of the local PACS at Paharpur in Jamui district, police said.
According to the Police the reason behind the killing could be that the Maoist thought the deceased villagers were informers of police.
Maoists raided Rajaun village, abducted Panchayat Samiti member Arjun Paswan and Rajaun village PACS chief Vishnudeo Yadav. The duo were taken to Paharpur area and
hacked to death, they said.
Police are investigating their deaths and have launched a search operation for the Maoists, the official said.
Earlier the Maoists killed 76 CRPF personnel in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada region; they struck in Bihar`s Rohtas district killing two innocent villagers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij