Maoists posters announce `death sentence` for 4
Munger: Maoists put up posters in several villages in Bihar`s Munger district announcing `death sentence` for four persons, including a mukhiya and their eviction from the villages apparently for their failure to abide by the ultras` diktats.
The Maoists pasted posters at Bangalwa, Jatkutia and Sakhaul villages under Dharhara police station announcing `death sentence` to the mukhiya of Ladaiyatand panchayat Anil Yadav and three others, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Ranjan Kumar said.
All posters have been removed and seized, he said.
Similar posters were also found pasted on the walls of an empty government house at Masudan railway station, a nearby bridge and the walls of a rural bank building in neighbouring Lakhisarai district, he said adding those were also removed.
The four had played an active role in convincing about 25 Maoists to surrender before the authorities last month, he said.
A case has been lodged and an investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'