Maoists posters announce `death sentence` for 4
Munger: Maoists put up posters in several villages in Bihar`s Munger district announcing `death sentence` for four persons, including a mukhiya and their eviction from the villages apparently for their failure to abide by the ultras` diktats.
The Maoists pasted posters at Bangalwa, Jatkutia and Sakhaul villages under Dharhara police station announcing `death sentence` to the mukhiya of Ladaiyatand panchayat Anil Yadav and three others, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Ranjan Kumar said.
All posters have been removed and seized, he said.
Similar posters were also found pasted on the walls of an empty government house at Masudan railway station, a nearby bridge and the walls of a rural bank building in neighbouring Lakhisarai district, he said adding those were also removed.
The four had played an active role in convincing about 25 Maoists to surrender before the authorities last month, he said.
A case has been lodged and an investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!
- Hillary Clinton's legacy is death, destruction, weakness: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi