Maoists posters announce `death sentence` for 4
Munger: Maoists put up posters in several villages in Bihar`s Munger district announcing `death sentence` for four persons, including a mukhiya and their eviction from the villages apparently for their failure to abide by the ultras` diktats.
The Maoists pasted posters at Bangalwa, Jatkutia and Sakhaul villages under Dharhara police station announcing `death sentence` to the mukhiya of Ladaiyatand panchayat Anil Yadav and three others, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Ranjan Kumar said.
All posters have been removed and seized, he said.
Similar posters were also found pasted on the walls of an empty government house at Masudan railway station, a nearby bridge and the walls of a rural bank building in neighbouring Lakhisarai district, he said adding those were also removed.
The four had played an active role in convincing about 25 Maoists to surrender before the authorities last month, he said.
A case has been lodged and an investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth