Maoists posters announce `death sentence` for 4
Munger: Maoists put up posters in several villages in Bihar`s Munger district announcing `death sentence` for four persons, including a mukhiya and their eviction from the villages apparently for their failure to abide by the ultras` diktats.
The Maoists pasted posters at Bangalwa, Jatkutia and Sakhaul villages under Dharhara police station announcing `death sentence` to the mukhiya of Ladaiyatand panchayat Anil Yadav and three others, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Ranjan Kumar said.
All posters have been removed and seized, he said.
Similar posters were also found pasted on the walls of an empty government house at Masudan railway station, a nearby bridge and the walls of a rural bank building in neighbouring Lakhisarai district, he said adding those were also removed.
The four had played an active role in convincing about 25 Maoists to surrender before the authorities last month, he said.
A case has been lodged and an investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!