Maoists storm toll plaza in Bihar; kill two, loot weapons
Gaya (Bihar): Hours after targeting the
prestigious Rajdhani Express, armed Maoists stormed a
government toll plaza in Bihar`s Gaya district, killing two
persons and looting weapons, a top officer said on Wednesday.
Over 200 heavily-armed Naxals attacked the toll plaza at
Mahapur last night by spraying bullets and hurling bombs, and
gunned down a private security guard identified as Wakil
Singh, DIG (Magadh range) Anupama Nilekar said.
They also shot dead a truck driver identified as Krishna
Kant and injured some personnel in charge of security at the
toll plaza, the officer said.
The Naxalites looted 16 weapons, including one rifle, 12
double-barrel guns and three regular guns, besides over 100
rounds of ammunition, from the security guards of the private
Magadh Security Force.
The ultras looted cash worth around Rs 3 lakh. They
then blew up the office of the toll plaza using dynamites
before leaving the spot, the DIG said.
Earlier, the Maoists targeted the Bhubaneswar-New Delhi
Rajdhani Express on late Monday night by blasting a rail line
in the district in which hundreds of passengers had a
miraculous escape after ten coaches derailed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video