Maoists storm toll plaza in Bihar; kill two, loot weapons
Gaya (Bihar): Hours after targeting the
prestigious Rajdhani Express, armed Maoists stormed a
government toll plaza in Bihar`s Gaya district, killing two
persons and looting weapons, a top officer said on Wednesday.
Over 200 heavily-armed Naxals attacked the toll plaza at
Mahapur last night by spraying bullets and hurling bombs, and
gunned down a private security guard identified as Wakil
Singh, DIG (Magadh range) Anupama Nilekar said.
They also shot dead a truck driver identified as Krishna
Kant and injured some personnel in charge of security at the
toll plaza, the officer said.
The Naxalites looted 16 weapons, including one rifle, 12
double-barrel guns and three regular guns, besides over 100
rounds of ammunition, from the security guards of the private
Magadh Security Force.
The ultras looted cash worth around Rs 3 lakh. They
then blew up the office of the toll plaza using dynamites
before leaving the spot, the DIG said.
Earlier, the Maoists targeted the Bhubaneswar-New Delhi
Rajdhani Express on late Monday night by blasting a rail line
in the district in which hundreds of passengers had a
miraculous escape after ten coaches derailed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter