Maoists storm toll plaza in Bihar; kill two, loot weapons
Gaya (Bihar): Hours after targeting the
prestigious Rajdhani Express, armed Maoists stormed a
government toll plaza in Bihar`s Gaya district, killing two
persons and looting weapons, a top officer said on Wednesday.
Over 200 heavily-armed Naxals attacked the toll plaza at
Mahapur last night by spraying bullets and hurling bombs, and
gunned down a private security guard identified as Wakil
Singh, DIG (Magadh range) Anupama Nilekar said.
They also shot dead a truck driver identified as Krishna
Kant and injured some personnel in charge of security at the
toll plaza, the officer said.
The Naxalites looted 16 weapons, including one rifle, 12
double-barrel guns and three regular guns, besides over 100
rounds of ammunition, from the security guards of the private
Magadh Security Force.
The ultras looted cash worth around Rs 3 lakh. They
then blew up the office of the toll plaza using dynamites
before leaving the spot, the DIG said.
Earlier, the Maoists targeted the Bhubaneswar-New Delhi
Rajdhani Express on late Monday night by blasting a rail line
in the district in which hundreds of passengers had a
miraculous escape after ten coaches derailed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi