Maoists threaten to kill former Army man in Patna
Patna: Suspected Maoist guerrillas have threatened to kill a former army officer defence official and his family in a Bihar village if he failed to pay them Rs.15 lakh, police said Monday.
Maoist guerrillas threatened to kill Umesh Sharma, retired from the army, who lives in Muzaffarpur district`s Madhu Chapra village, about 70 km from here.
The rebels Sunday pasted three handwritten posters demanding the money on the walls of Sharma`s house, villagers said. They threatened to kill him and his family if he did not pay within 15 days.
The posters warned Sharma to leave the village if could not pay up.
Maoists target rich people, including wealthy farmers, businessmen, contractors and professionals in many parts of rural Bihar and threaten dire consequences if their demand is not met, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy