Maoists torch four vehicles of a construction company
Gaya: Maoists have torched four vehicles of a road construction company on Gaya-Goh road in Gaya district, a police officer said on Friday.
About 20 armed Maoists barged into the camp office of the road construction company late last night and torched the vehicles before escaping, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ashok Kumar Singh said.
The ultras also snatched mobile phones from the workers and locked them in a room before indulging in arson, he said.
The Maoists` carried out the attack on the construction company after its proprietor Kamlesh Kumar refused to pay levy to them, the ASP said.
Raids were being carried out to nab the perpetrators, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Peru president elect eyes house arrest for Fujimori
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Snapdeal Monsoon sale kicks off; get upto 60% discount
- Doping controversy: Inderjeet Singh breaks down during TV interview, alleges conspiracy behind failed test
- Pope Francis faces tepid welcome in migrant-wary Poland