Maoists torch four vehicles of a construction company
Gaya: Maoists have torched four vehicles of a road construction company on Gaya-Goh road in Gaya district, a police officer said on Friday.
About 20 armed Maoists barged into the camp office of the road construction company late last night and torched the vehicles before escaping, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ashok Kumar Singh said.
The ultras also snatched mobile phones from the workers and locked them in a room before indulging in arson, he said.
The Maoists` carried out the attack on the construction company after its proprietor Kamlesh Kumar refused to pay levy to them, the ASP said.
Raids were being carried out to nab the perpetrators, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted