Maoists torch four vehicles of a construction company
Gaya: Maoists have torched four vehicles of a road construction company on Gaya-Goh road in Gaya district, a police officer said on Friday.
About 20 armed Maoists barged into the camp office of the road construction company late last night and torched the vehicles before escaping, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ashok Kumar Singh said.
The ultras also snatched mobile phones from the workers and locked them in a room before indulging in arson, he said.
The Maoists` carried out the attack on the construction company after its proprietor Kamlesh Kumar refused to pay levy to them, the ASP said.
Raids were being carried out to nab the perpetrators, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!