Maoists torch four vehicles of a construction company
Gaya: Maoists have torched four vehicles of a road construction company on Gaya-Goh road in Gaya district, a police officer said on Friday.
About 20 armed Maoists barged into the camp office of the road construction company late last night and torched the vehicles before escaping, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ashok Kumar Singh said.
The ultras also snatched mobile phones from the workers and locked them in a room before indulging in arson, he said.
The Maoists` carried out the attack on the construction company after its proprietor Kamlesh Kumar refused to pay levy to them, the ASP said.
Raids were being carried out to nab the perpetrators, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city