Maoists torch mobile tower in Bihar
Gaya: Maoists torched a mobile tower and control room of a private telecom operator in a village in Bihar`s Gaya district, a police officer said on Monday.
A group of armed Maoists went to Bagiya village last night and torched the mobile tower and control room of a private telecom major, Sherghati`s Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Rajesh Kumar said.
The ultras set afire properties of the telecom service provider shouting slogans to protest the ongoing Operation Green Hunt launched by the security forces against Maoists for which they have given a 24-hour bandh call in Magadh division from today, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city