Maoists torch mobile tower in Bihar
Gaya: Maoists torched a mobile tower and control room of a private telecom operator in a village in Bihar`s Gaya district, a police officer said on Monday.
A group of armed Maoists went to Bagiya village last night and torched the mobile tower and control room of a private telecom major, Sherghati`s Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Rajesh Kumar said.
The ultras set afire properties of the telecom service provider shouting slogans to protest the ongoing Operation Green Hunt launched by the security forces against Maoists for which they have given a 24-hour bandh call in Magadh division from today, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?