Maoists torch office, vehicles of construction Co
Muzaffarpur: Maoists torched the office and three vehicles of a construction company at Raghopur village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district early today.
At least 20 Maoists stormed the site of a private construction company - Ranjan Construction - and held its employees hostage before setting the office on fire, one JCB and two tractors, deputy superintendent of police Arvind Gupta said.
The proprietors of the company had apparently failed to pay the levy demanded by the ultras, he said.
The Ranjan construction company was engaged in the construction of roads in a village under the Prime Minister Grameen Sadak Yojana, Gupta said.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were being carried out jointly by the local police and the Special Task Force (STF), the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday