Maoists torch office, vehicles of construction Co
Muzaffarpur: Maoists torched the office and three vehicles of a construction company at Raghopur village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district early today.
At least 20 Maoists stormed the site of a private construction company - Ranjan Construction - and held its employees hostage before setting the office on fire, one JCB and two tractors, deputy superintendent of police Arvind Gupta said.
The proprietors of the company had apparently failed to pay the levy demanded by the ultras, he said.
The Ranjan construction company was engaged in the construction of roads in a village under the Prime Minister Grameen Sadak Yojana, Gupta said.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were being carried out jointly by the local police and the Special Task Force (STF), the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?