Maoists training camp unearthed, firearms seized
Jamui: Police assisted by CRPF personnel
on Wednesday unearthed a training camp of outlawed (CPI-Maoist) at
Barari village in Bihar`s Jamui district this evening,
Superintendent of police, UK Sharma said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of police and CRPF
raided the area and uncovered the training camp of Maoists,
13 rifles, five of them looted from police, including
a carbine and an Insas rifle, a double barrel gun, six long
range rifles, 13 grenades, 500 gelatines, besides foodgrains
and waterproof tents were seized during the operation, the SP
The Maoists managed to flee on seeing the security
personnel coming to the village, he said adding combing
operations have been further intensified in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster