Maoists training camp unearthed, firearms seized
Jamui: Police assisted by CRPF personnel
on Wednesday unearthed a training camp of outlawed (CPI-Maoist) at
Barari village in Bihar`s Jamui district this evening,
Superintendent of police, UK Sharma said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of police and CRPF
raided the area and uncovered the training camp of Maoists,
13 rifles, five of them looted from police, including
a carbine and an Insas rifle, a double barrel gun, six long
range rifles, 13 grenades, 500 gelatines, besides foodgrains
and waterproof tents were seized during the operation, the SP
The Maoists managed to flee on seeing the security
personnel coming to the village, he said adding combing
operations have been further intensified in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...