Marhaura, Madhepura projects not abandoned: Railway Board
Patna: Railway Board Wednesday denied reports
that its diesel locomotive manufacturing factory at Marhaura
and electric locomotive manufacturing unit at Madhepura in
Bihar were being abandoned and said they would be completed
on PPP basis.
"The reports that Railways has planned to abandon or
shelve the two ambitious mega projects are totally misleading,
concocted and based on surmises ... It is a false propaganda
that these projects will be shelved," Railway Board Chairman
Vivek Sahay said.
The two projects were announced in the budget by former
Railway Minister Lalu Prasad.
While the diesel locomotive manufacturing factory at
Marhaura in Saran district would involve an expenditure of Rs
1,400 crore and the electric locomotive manufacturing unit at
Madhepura Rs 2,025 crore and will be decided upon in the
Sahay said Railways had earlier decided to complete
these two major projects in Bihar on its own, but later it was
decided on PPP.
A committee of experts was recently set up to study the
terms and conditions and submit the report within a week for
execution of the two projects, besides another at Kanchrapara
in West Bengal.
He said out of the budgetary allocation made during
2010-11 land have already been acquired and purchased for the
two projects in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- DNA: Analysis of deaths in road accidents in year 2014
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...