Marshal who threw out Karpoori Thakur, Lalu to pen memoirs
Patna: A marshal, who has bodily lifted Karpoori Thakur and Lalu Prasad from the Bihar Assembly, intends to pen his experience of 27 years in the House.
Recounting his experience, 62-year-old Captain Bhanu Prakash Sinha told PTI that he had bodily lifted socialist leader Karpoori Thakur from the House when he was the Leader of Opposition in 1977.
"I saluted him and urged him to walk out of the House with me as per instruction of the Chair. I hesitated to use physical force on him, but he told me to do my duty. Later, I had to bodily lift him out of the House," Sinha, who stands six feet tall, said.
On six occasions he had marshalled out RJD chief Lalu Prasad from the House when he was the Opposition leader.
"After offering some resistance he used to fall in line," said Sinha who served in the defence forces from 1971 to 1983 and had a tough posting in militancy-hit Gurez and Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir.
"After he became Chief Minister of Bihar, Prasad once told me jokingly, you threw me out of House six times and I became CM, if you do it 12 times I can become Prime Minister," said Sinha, who joined as a marshal in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!