Marshal who threw out Karpoori Thakur, Lalu to pen memoirs
Patna: A marshal, who has bodily lifted Karpoori Thakur and Lalu Prasad from the Bihar Assembly, intends to pen his experience of 27 years in the House.
Recounting his experience, 62-year-old Captain Bhanu Prakash Sinha told PTI that he had bodily lifted socialist leader Karpoori Thakur from the House when he was the Leader of Opposition in 1977.
"I saluted him and urged him to walk out of the House with me as per instruction of the Chair. I hesitated to use physical force on him, but he told me to do my duty. Later, I had to bodily lift him out of the House," Sinha, who stands six feet tall, said.
On six occasions he had marshalled out RJD chief Lalu Prasad from the House when he was the Opposition leader.
"After offering some resistance he used to fall in line," said Sinha who served in the defence forces from 1971 to 1983 and had a tough posting in militancy-hit Gurez and Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir.
"After he became Chief Minister of Bihar, Prasad once told me jokingly, you threw me out of House six times and I became CM, if you do it 12 times I can become Prime Minister," said Sinha, who joined as a marshal in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price