Massive combing and search operation underway against Maoists
Munger (Bihar): A day after Maoists shot dead three BMP jawans and injured two others in a running train, security forces today launched a massive combing and search operation to nab the perpetrators reportedly hiding in the forests of Bihar`s Munger district, a police officer said.
Security forces comprising CRPF, STF, SAP and the district police have launched combing and search operations in Kanani, Rajasarai, Rishikund forests under Bhimbundh sanctuary since early this morning to nab those who carried out the fatal attack on the five BMP jawans near Jamalpur railway station last evening, Munger`s Superintendent of Police Naveen Chandra Jha said.
We have specific inputs about the Maoists hiding in the forests of Bhimbundh sanctuary, he said, adding that ambush teams have been deployed at sensitive points to confront the ultras.
The Munger Range DIG, Sudhansu Kumar, was commanding the security forces, while he and SP (Operations) Naveen Kumar were part of the security forces conducting combing operation against the Maoists, Jha said.
Armed Maoists had barged into the Sahebganj-Patna Intercity Express last evening and shot dead three BMP jawans and injured two others before looting five sophisticated weapons and other ammunition from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi