Massive combing and search operation underway against Maoists
Munger (Bihar): A day after Maoists shot dead three BMP jawans and injured two others in a running train, security forces today launched a massive combing and search operation to nab the perpetrators reportedly hiding in the forests of Bihar`s Munger district, a police officer said.
Security forces comprising CRPF, STF, SAP and the district police have launched combing and search operations in Kanani, Rajasarai, Rishikund forests under Bhimbundh sanctuary since early this morning to nab those who carried out the fatal attack on the five BMP jawans near Jamalpur railway station last evening, Munger`s Superintendent of Police Naveen Chandra Jha said.
We have specific inputs about the Maoists hiding in the forests of Bhimbundh sanctuary, he said, adding that ambush teams have been deployed at sensitive points to confront the ultras.
The Munger Range DIG, Sudhansu Kumar, was commanding the security forces, while he and SP (Operations) Naveen Kumar were part of the security forces conducting combing operation against the Maoists, Jha said.
Armed Maoists had barged into the Sahebganj-Patna Intercity Express last evening and shot dead three BMP jawans and injured two others before looting five sophisticated weapons and other ammunition from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal