Massive combing and search operation underway against Maoists
Munger (Bihar): A day after Maoists shot dead three BMP jawans and injured two others in a running train, security forces today launched a massive combing and search operation to nab the perpetrators reportedly hiding in the forests of Bihar`s Munger district, a police officer said.
Security forces comprising CRPF, STF, SAP and the district police have launched combing and search operations in Kanani, Rajasarai, Rishikund forests under Bhimbundh sanctuary since early this morning to nab those who carried out the fatal attack on the five BMP jawans near Jamalpur railway station last evening, Munger`s Superintendent of Police Naveen Chandra Jha said.
We have specific inputs about the Maoists hiding in the forests of Bhimbundh sanctuary, he said, adding that ambush teams have been deployed at sensitive points to confront the ultras.
The Munger Range DIG, Sudhansu Kumar, was commanding the security forces, while he and SP (Operations) Naveen Kumar were part of the security forces conducting combing operation against the Maoists, Jha said.
Armed Maoists had barged into the Sahebganj-Patna Intercity Express last evening and shot dead three BMP jawans and injured two others before looting five sophisticated weapons and other ammunition from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown