MBBS doctors from other states to study in Bihar
Patna: Doctors with MBBS degrees from medical
institutes outside Bihar would soon be eligible to sit in
competitive examinations for admission to post-graduate (PG)
course in state-run medical colleges in the state, state
Health Minister Nand Kishore Yadav said on Wednesday.
"Necessary legal formalities have been completed in this
regard," he said.
Yadav said the issue had been under consideration of the
government and remedial measures were being taken to improve
the health sector in Bihar.
Sources said many PG seats in medical remains vacant for
want of students and the number of these seats are going up
with the setting up of more private medical institutes.
"We had to bar students having MBBS degrees from outside
the state as per an order of Supreme Court. But, recently
Maharashtra government has lifted the bar. We want to
apply the same norms in Bihar," he said.
Yadav refused to give a timeframe for notifying the new
rule pointing out there were certain legal issues, which
needed to be addressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH