Medicines buried under the earth, doctor arrested
Kishanganj: Twelve bags of medicines
purchased by the Health department were on Friday found buried
under the earth leading to mob fury and arrest of a doctor at
Belwa in Kishanganj district.
Infuriated over reports that medicines purchased by the
state health department were buried under the earth, hundreds
of villagers blocked the Kishanganj-Thakurganj road near Belwa
this morning and demanded stern action by the suthorities.
On coming to know about the blockade, District
Magistrate S K Pudikalkutti, Superintendent of Police R K
Mishra and Civil Surgeon Dr I D Ranjan, reached the spot and
recovered the medicines.
When contacted, Superintendent of Police said the
in-charge of the health centre, Dr Ravindra Nath Singh, was
An FIR was also registered against the doctor in the
Kishanganj police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi