Medicines buried under the earth, doctor arrested
Kishanganj: Twelve bags of medicines
purchased by the Health department were on Friday found buried
under the earth leading to mob fury and arrest of a doctor at
Belwa in Kishanganj district.
Infuriated over reports that medicines purchased by the
state health department were buried under the earth, hundreds
of villagers blocked the Kishanganj-Thakurganj road near Belwa
this morning and demanded stern action by the suthorities.
On coming to know about the blockade, District
Magistrate S K Pudikalkutti, Superintendent of Police R K
Mishra and Civil Surgeon Dr I D Ranjan, reached the spot and
recovered the medicines.
When contacted, Superintendent of Police said the
in-charge of the health centre, Dr Ravindra Nath Singh, was
An FIR was also registered against the doctor in the
Kishanganj police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city