Medicines buried under the earth, doctor arrested
Kishanganj: Twelve bags of medicines
purchased by the Health department were on Friday found buried
under the earth leading to mob fury and arrest of a doctor at
Belwa in Kishanganj district.
Infuriated over reports that medicines purchased by the
state health department were buried under the earth, hundreds
of villagers blocked the Kishanganj-Thakurganj road near Belwa
this morning and demanded stern action by the suthorities.
On coming to know about the blockade, District
Magistrate S K Pudikalkutti, Superintendent of Police R K
Mishra and Civil Surgeon Dr I D Ranjan, reached the spot and
recovered the medicines.
When contacted, Superintendent of Police said the
in-charge of the health centre, Dr Ravindra Nath Singh, was
An FIR was also registered against the doctor in the
Kishanganj police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Two more arrested over links with Nice attacker
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside
- Delhi court bails out Kejriwal ex-aide Rajendra Kumar
- ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe gets new Snapdragon 821 processor
- China to chart Communist Party future amid crackdowns