Medicines buried under the earth, doctor arrested
Kishanganj: Twelve bags of medicines
purchased by the Health department were on Friday found buried
under the earth leading to mob fury and arrest of a doctor at
Belwa in Kishanganj district.
Infuriated over reports that medicines purchased by the
state health department were buried under the earth, hundreds
of villagers blocked the Kishanganj-Thakurganj road near Belwa
this morning and demanded stern action by the suthorities.
On coming to know about the blockade, District
Magistrate S K Pudikalkutti, Superintendent of Police R K
Mishra and Civil Surgeon Dr I D Ranjan, reached the spot and
recovered the medicines.
When contacted, Superintendent of Police said the
in-charge of the health centre, Dr Ravindra Nath Singh, was
An FIR was also registered against the doctor in the
Kishanganj police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins