Medicines buried under the earth, doctor arrested
Kishanganj: Twelve bags of medicines
purchased by the Health department were on Friday found buried
under the earth leading to mob fury and arrest of a doctor at
Belwa in Kishanganj district.
Infuriated over reports that medicines purchased by the
state health department were buried under the earth, hundreds
of villagers blocked the Kishanganj-Thakurganj road near Belwa
this morning and demanded stern action by the suthorities.
On coming to know about the blockade, District
Magistrate S K Pudikalkutti, Superintendent of Police R K
Mishra and Civil Surgeon Dr I D Ranjan, reached the spot and
recovered the medicines.
When contacted, Superintendent of Police said the
in-charge of the health centre, Dr Ravindra Nath Singh, was
An FIR was also registered against the doctor in the
Kishanganj police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?