Meira Kumar files another plea in land-grab case
Patna: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has filed yet another petition in the Patna High Court that some people have occupied a land bought by her father in Bihar`s Bhojpur district, her lawyer said on Thursday.
Her lawyer Sanjay Kumar Ojha said some people have even built houses on the .81 acre plot registered in the name of Meira Kumar`s late father and former deputy prime minister Jagjivan Ram at Chandwa area in the district, about 60 km from here.
Ojha said the petition was filed on behalf of the Lok Sabha speaker in the court on Wednesday.
"The petitioner has pleaded for the court direction to demolish or remove the illegal construction on her land that was purchased by Jagjivan Ram on December 13, 1961, through a registered sale deed," he said.
It is not the first time that Meira Kumar has approached the court in connection with illegal construction on her land. Last year, the same court directed top Bihar officials to appear in person and explain how a public road was constructed on her private land.
In her first petition, she claimed that the road was constructed on her land without her consent. She also did not receive any advance notice or any compensation as per the law. The case is still pending in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder