Meira Kumar lauds Nitish govt on Drugawati project
Sasaram: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Sunday
lauded the Nitish Kumar government for its commitment to
complete the Durgawati reservoir project in a time-frame and
said that the project will boost farming in Rohtas and Kaimur
districts of Bihar.
The state government should be complemented for its
sincerity to complete the Durgawati reservoir project that
will be a great boost to the farmers of her native Rohtas
district and neighbouring Kaimur district, she said at a
public meeting in Alampur village under Shivsagar block.
There should not be a rat race among political parties
or individuals to take credit for the irrigation project as it
was a collective effort on the part of all of us to to bring
the project to fruition, Kumar said.
No one should indulge in politics on the issues related
to the farmers, the Lok Sabha Speaker said, adding it will be
a great moment of joy when the farmers in Rohtas and
Kaimur districts will get irrigation to farm their land.
The farmers of the two district will no more be
required to go to Haryana and Punjab for work, but will get to
till their own land and cultivate farm produces as much as
that of their counterparts in the two states, she said.
Kumar said that the project was a brainchild of her
late father and former Water Resources Development minister
Jagjivan Ram who had dreamt that the farmers in his home state
should be prosperous.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda