Mid-day meal tragedy: 24 students fall ill in Bihar
Patna: At least 24 students Friday fell ill in Bihar after eating their mid-day meal at a government school, an official said. The children are out of danger.
The children complained of uneasiness after having the mid-day meal at Rasulpur Korigawan primary school near Hajipur in Vaishali district, a district official said.
All the children were admitted to a state-run primary health centre in the district and are said to be out of danger.
"I have asked an official to inquire into it and submit a report soon," the official said.
Police collected samples of the meal, he added. Doctors, who examined the children, did not find any sign of poison.
Last year, 23 students died after eating poisonous meal at a primary school in Saran district.
In Bihar, 16 million students get food under the mid-day meal scheme, which is running in 72,000 schools across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Mark Zuckerberg to connect with ISS astronauts via Facebook Live
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why