Mid-day meal tragedy: 24 students fall ill in Bihar
Patna: At least 24 students Friday fell ill in Bihar after eating their mid-day meal at a government school, an official said. The children are out of danger.
The children complained of uneasiness after having the mid-day meal at Rasulpur Korigawan primary school near Hajipur in Vaishali district, a district official said.
All the children were admitted to a state-run primary health centre in the district and are said to be out of danger.
"I have asked an official to inquire into it and submit a report soon," the official said.
Police collected samples of the meal, he added. Doctors, who examined the children, did not find any sign of poison.
Last year, 23 students died after eating poisonous meal at a primary school in Saran district.
In Bihar, 16 million students get food under the mid-day meal scheme, which is running in 72,000 schools across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical