Mid-day meal tragedy: Chhapra school principal polygraph test to be done at Delhi
Chhapra: Bihar police on Friday decided to take jailed principal of Chhapra school, accused in the death of 23 children after eating poisonous midday meal, for polygraph test to Delhi.
"Polygraph test of Principal Meena Devi will be conducted at Central Forensic Science Laboratory Delhi by an expert," Director General of Police (DGP) Abhyanand told PTI.
He said date for taking her to the national capital for the purpose has yet not been fixed.
After her arrest on Wednesday, principal of Dharmasati Gandaman primary school was yesterday sent to judicial custody till August 5 by Chhapra CJM. She has been lodged in Chhapra district jail.
The school principal has been named as main accused in the July 16 tragedy in an FIR with Mashrakh police station under IPC 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy).
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) in the case today visited her home and inspected items kept for preparation of midday meals.
They also recorded statements of nearly 50 villagers in the case, police sources said.
The SIT team collected sample from the shop from where she used to acquire food materials for the midday meal. While Education minister P K Shahi had earlier alleged that her husband owns a grocery shop from where the raw materials were purchased but later it came to light that the shop did not belong to him.
Her husband Arjun Rai`s shop was in the market complex.
The police team while collecting sample also questioned shop owner Satyendra Singh. They also took a register in which the shop owner used to enter details about sale and purchases, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender