Mid-day meal tragedy: Chhapra school principal polygraph test to be done at Delhi
Chhapra: Bihar police on Friday decided to take jailed principal of Chhapra school, accused in the death of 23 children after eating poisonous midday meal, for polygraph test to Delhi.
"Polygraph test of Principal Meena Devi will be conducted at Central Forensic Science Laboratory Delhi by an expert," Director General of Police (DGP) Abhyanand told PTI.
He said date for taking her to the national capital for the purpose has yet not been fixed.
After her arrest on Wednesday, principal of Dharmasati Gandaman primary school was yesterday sent to judicial custody till August 5 by Chhapra CJM. She has been lodged in Chhapra district jail.
The school principal has been named as main accused in the July 16 tragedy in an FIR with Mashrakh police station under IPC 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy).
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) in the case today visited her home and inspected items kept for preparation of midday meals.
They also recorded statements of nearly 50 villagers in the case, police sources said.
The SIT team collected sample from the shop from where she used to acquire food materials for the midday meal. While Education minister P K Shahi had earlier alleged that her husband owns a grocery shop from where the raw materials were purchased but later it came to light that the shop did not belong to him.
Her husband Arjun Rai`s shop was in the market complex.
The police team while collecting sample also questioned shop owner Satyendra Singh. They also took a register in which the shop owner used to enter details about sale and purchases, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed