Mini gun factory unearthed from Maoists in Bihar
Munger: The police on Monday unearthed an illegal mini-gun factory at Bramani forest area, known to be a Maoist pocket, in Bihar`s Munger district and recovered magazines, barrels and unassembled pistol kits.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team from Bhararar Police station raided the forest and recovered 80 pistol magazines and 20 barrels among others from the spot.
Two persons have been arrested from the spot while four others managed to flee, Station House Officer (SHO) Sanjeev kumar said.
The police also seized drilling machines and other equipment used in making magazine from the spot, the police said.
Later, those arrested told the police that they were supplying illegal arms to the Maoists and criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'