Minibus, jeep collision claims 12 lives in Begusarai
Begusarai: Twelve persons were killed and 15 others injured, five of them critically, when a minibus collided head-on with a jeep near Mohanpur village in Bihar`s Begusarai district early Thursday.
The accident occurred when the driver of the minibus lost control over the vehicle leading to the collision. The victims were going for an engagement ceremony.
The bus was coming to Jagdishpur from Sikragula when the mishap occurred, they said.
Five of the critically injured were rushed to Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) while the rest were hospitalised at a government hospital here.
The bodies of those killed were brought to the government hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform
- Labour Unions adamant on Sept 2 strike; Datatterya, Goyal hold meeting