Minibus, jeep collision claims 12 lives in Begusarai
Begusarai: Twelve persons were killed and 15 others injured, five of them critically, when a minibus collided head-on with a jeep near Mohanpur village in Bihar`s Begusarai district early Thursday.
The accident occurred when the driver of the minibus lost control over the vehicle leading to the collision. The victims were going for an engagement ceremony.
The bus was coming to Jagdishpur from Sikragula when the mishap occurred, they said.
Five of the critically injured were rushed to Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) while the rest were hospitalised at a government hospital here.
The bodies of those killed were brought to the government hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan