Minister Anil Kumar escapes bid on his life
Gaya: Bihar Science and Technology Minister Anil Kumar escaped unhurt when unidentified persons fired at his vehicle during a road blockade at Dariapur in
Maoist-hit Gaya district Monday night, official sources said.
The gunmen fired at Kumar`s vehicle during the road
hold-up to which the securitymen accompanying him retaliated,
the sources said.
The minister was returning to Gaya after campaigning in
his Atari assembly constituency.
No harm was caused to anyone in the firing as the
driver accelerated the speed of the car and drove to
safety, the sources said.
Later, a case was registered with the Panchananpur
police outpost and investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet