Minister Anil Kumar escapes bid on his life
Gaya: Bihar Science and Technology Minister Anil Kumar escaped unhurt when unidentified persons fired at his vehicle during a road blockade at Dariapur in
Maoist-hit Gaya district Monday night, official sources said.
The gunmen fired at Kumar`s vehicle during the road
hold-up to which the securitymen accompanying him retaliated,
the sources said.
The minister was returning to Gaya after campaigning in
his Atari assembly constituency.
No harm was caused to anyone in the firing as the
driver accelerated the speed of the car and drove to
safety, the sources said.
Later, a case was registered with the Panchananpur
police outpost and investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society
- Coach appointment will take another couple of months: Sourav Ganguly
- Virat Kolhi's purple patch can only benefit Indian cricket: Ravi Shastri
- David Cameron warns Brexit would drive up food prices in UK