Minister looses temper in Bihar Assembly
Patna: Bihar Assembly Friday witnessed unpleasant scenes when senior minister Ashwini Choubey lost his cool over opposition RJD members and shouted at another ministerial colleague who tried to intervene.
During Question Hour, while answering a query of RJD`s Akhtarul Islam, Choubey lost his cool over opposition interrupting him and raising slogans against him.
When Parliamentary Affairs minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav tried to intervene, Choubey, who is Health minister in the Nitish Kumar government, shouted at him also asking him to let him speak.
Choubey had a clash with opposition members recently also when during Governor Devanand Konwar inaugural speech on February 18 he dubbed Islam as a "Pakistani agent" after being angry over comments passed by him.
Angry over the minister`s behaviour during answer of Islam`s starred question, the RJD members walked out of the Assembly in protest and asked Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary to send the minister out of the House.
Earlier, Choubey had verbal duel with RJD MLA Bhai Birendra who had asked him to tender apology for dubbing RJD legislators as "Kalnegi", a mythical character of Ramayan who used to augur bad before start of any event, and saying the epic`s character has already been killed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India