Minister meets Nitish but refuses to take back resignation
Patna: A day after tendering resignation, Bihar Social Welfare Minister Parveen Amanullah met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday but refused to take back her resignation.
"I told CM that I am firm on my decision and will not take back resignation," Amanullah told reporters emerging from her meeting with CM at his One Anne Marg residence.
Asked if CM urged her to reconsider her decision, she said, "he said he was sad and asked me to rethink, but I told him that I am firm on my decision."
Asked if CM had called her, she said in fact she had sought time from him to say goodbye. Amanullah had a half-an-hour meeting with CM after Kumar returned from Bodh Gaya in the forenoon.
To persistent questions about reasons for her quitting, Parveen Amanullah was evasive and merely said there was need to improve the system.
Parveen Amanullah, a prominent Muslim leader, however said, she has no "ranjis" (acrimony) against the CM or anybody else.
There is strong speculation of her joining Aam Admi Party (AAP) but was non-committal saying, "I am looking for options...I have not taken any decision so far."
Sources close to her said she had met AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal recently.
Parveen Amanullah was a prominent RTI worker in Bihar before contesting election and becoming minister in 2010.
Replying to questions regarding her joining AAP or some other party, she said "give me some time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in