Minor girl rescued, abductor held in Bihar
Sasaram: Police have rescued a minor girl, who was kidnapped more than two months ago and physically assaulted, and arrested the abductor from a village in Bihar`s Kaimur district, a senior police officer said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip off, the Rohtas police raided a hideout at Mushar toli in Dilkhili village in neighbouring Kaimur district last night and rescued the five-year-old girl from clutches of her abductor Nandlal Mushar, Superintendent of Police (SP) Manu Maharaj said.
Mushar has been arrested and charged with the abduction of the girl, he said.
The accused had kidnapped the girl, daughter of Bachcha Dube, from her village on December 7, 2012, and brought her to his house where he had physically assaulted her during captivity, Maharaj said.
The kidnapper told the cops that he had planned to sell off the girl for money to human traffickers, the SP said.
The accused has been charged under relevant provisions of the law for abduction and physical abuse of the girl, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble