Minor girl rescued, abductor held in Bihar
Sasaram: Police have rescued a minor girl, who was kidnapped more than two months ago and physically assaulted, and arrested the abductor from a village in Bihar`s Kaimur district, a senior police officer said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip off, the Rohtas police raided a hideout at Mushar toli in Dilkhili village in neighbouring Kaimur district last night and rescued the five-year-old girl from clutches of her abductor Nandlal Mushar, Superintendent of Police (SP) Manu Maharaj said.
Mushar has been arrested and charged with the abduction of the girl, he said.
The accused had kidnapped the girl, daughter of Bachcha Dube, from her village on December 7, 2012, and brought her to his house where he had physically assaulted her during captivity, Maharaj said.
The kidnapper told the cops that he had planned to sell off the girl for money to human traffickers, the SP said.
The accused has been charged under relevant provisions of the law for abduction and physical abuse of the girl, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report