Minor girl rescued, abductor held in Bihar
Sasaram: Police have rescued a minor girl, who was kidnapped more than two months ago and physically assaulted, and arrested the abductor from a village in Bihar`s Kaimur district, a senior police officer said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip off, the Rohtas police raided a hideout at Mushar toli in Dilkhili village in neighbouring Kaimur district last night and rescued the five-year-old girl from clutches of her abductor Nandlal Mushar, Superintendent of Police (SP) Manu Maharaj said.
Mushar has been arrested and charged with the abduction of the girl, he said.
The accused had kidnapped the girl, daughter of Bachcha Dube, from her village on December 7, 2012, and brought her to his house where he had physically assaulted her during captivity, Maharaj said.
The kidnapper told the cops that he had planned to sell off the girl for money to human traffickers, the SP said.
The accused has been charged under relevant provisions of the law for abduction and physical abuse of the girl, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?