Minor girl’s hand chopped off in Patna
Patna: In a dastardly act, some men allegedly chopped off a hand of a minor girl, who was a witness in kidnapping case of her younger sister by them, in the capital city.
An FIR has been registered with Kadamkuan police station in the case on the basis of statement of girl`s father, city police said on Saturday.
As per the complaint, the incident happened late Thursday night in a bylane near Rajendranagar Railway terminal.
The eight-year-old Uzma Aara had alighted from a train from Darbhanga with her parents at the Terminal. She was walking with her family elders in the by-lane when one local goon Bobby Khan and his aides, having alighted from the same train, grabbed her and allegedly chopped off her right hand, the FIR said.
According to the girl`s father Eanual Ansari, a month back Bobby Khan had kidnapped his four-year-old daughter in which Uzma Aara was a witness. An FIR is registered in this connection with Laheriasarai police station of Darbhanga district.
City Superintendent of Police Jay Kant said police were investigating the case.
The girl is being attended in Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why