Minorities benefited more under NDA govt: Sushil Modi
Patna: Minorities in Bihar reaped more benefits of welfare schemes under the NDA government led by Nitish Kumar than the ones extended to them during Congress and RJD rule, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Saturday said.
"The minorities reaped more benefits of welfare
schemes during the last over four-and-a-half years of the
Nitish Kumar government than the successive governments of
Congress and RJD that ruled the state for over 50 years," Modi
told a workers conference organised by its minorities cell in
Noting that a lot of questions were raised by various
quarters on whether the welfare of minorities can be ensured
by a government in which BJP was also a partner, Modi said the
work done for the uplift of minorities in the state speak of
the party`s commitment to the community.
Taking a dig at RJD chief Lalu Prasad, Modi claimed
that the plan expenditure of the state minorities welfare
department went up to Rs 121.30 crore in 2010-11 from a meagre
allocation of Rs 3.2 crore when the Rabri Devi government was
in power in 2004-05.
He said during the 15-year rule of RJD, only 270
graveyards had been fenced against 1859 by NDA regime since
"We also arranged promotion allowance to deserving
Muslim students in Bihar," Modi said, adding that a special
scheme `Hunnar` aimed at providing technical training to girls
for jobs too was launched by the NDA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!