Minorities benefited more under NDA govt: Sushil Modi
Patna: Minorities in Bihar reaped more benefits of welfare schemes under the NDA government led by Nitish Kumar than the ones extended to them during Congress and RJD rule, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Saturday said.
"The minorities reaped more benefits of welfare
schemes during the last over four-and-a-half years of the
Nitish Kumar government than the successive governments of
Congress and RJD that ruled the state for over 50 years," Modi
told a workers conference organised by its minorities cell in
Noting that a lot of questions were raised by various
quarters on whether the welfare of minorities can be ensured
by a government in which BJP was also a partner, Modi said the
work done for the uplift of minorities in the state speak of
the party`s commitment to the community.
Taking a dig at RJD chief Lalu Prasad, Modi claimed
that the plan expenditure of the state minorities welfare
department went up to Rs 121.30 crore in 2010-11 from a meagre
allocation of Rs 3.2 crore when the Rabri Devi government was
in power in 2004-05.
He said during the 15-year rule of RJD, only 270
graveyards had been fenced against 1859 by NDA regime since
"We also arranged promotion allowance to deserving
Muslim students in Bihar," Modi said, adding that a special
scheme `Hunnar` aimed at providing technical training to girls
for jobs too was launched by the NDA.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!