Misa Bharti gets bail in election model code violation case
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad`s eldest daughter Misa Bharti, who is the party`s candidate for the Patliputra parliamentary seat, was today granted bail in a model code violation case.
In-charge Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Danapur, Vijay Krishna Singh granted bail to Misa Bharti after she appeared in court.
She was booked on March 10 for holding a road show without prior permission of the Danapur Sub Divisional Officer.
Her selection as RJD candidate from Patliputra led to resignation of senior party leader and Rajya Sabha member Ram Kripal Yadav from the party.
He joined the BJP and was given ticket for the Patliputra seat where elections will be held on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed