Misbehaviour with MLA: 5 railway staff suspended
Patna: Five employees of the East Central Railway (ECR) have been suspended for allegedly misbehaving with Bihar MLA Sivesh Kumar and his wife on a moving train, sources said on Sunday.
Action was taken against four Travelling Ticket Examiners (TTE) and a booking clerk as they had allegedly misbehaved with the BJP MLA and his wife in an AC two-tier coach of the Danapur-Howrah Express on Friday after the train left Patna.
Two of the five were detained for questioning.
Following a complaint filed by the MLA, the ECR set up a three-member panel comprising Additional Commercial Manager - Goods, Additional Operation Manager - Coaching, and Additional Safety Commissioner, Patna, to investigate into the case, sources said.
The probe team has been asked to submit its preliminary report by tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users