Misbehaviour with MLA: 5 railway staff suspended
Patna: Five employees of the East Central Railway (ECR) have been suspended for allegedly misbehaving with Bihar MLA Sivesh Kumar and his wife on a moving train, sources said on Sunday.
Action was taken against four Travelling Ticket Examiners (TTE) and a booking clerk as they had allegedly misbehaved with the BJP MLA and his wife in an AC two-tier coach of the Danapur-Howrah Express on Friday after the train left Patna.
Two of the five were detained for questioning.
Following a complaint filed by the MLA, the ECR set up a three-member panel comprising Additional Commercial Manager - Goods, Additional Operation Manager - Coaching, and Additional Safety Commissioner, Patna, to investigate into the case, sources said.
The probe team has been asked to submit its preliminary report by tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured