Misbehaviour with MLA: 5 railway staff suspended
Patna: Five employees of the East Central Railway (ECR) have been suspended for allegedly misbehaving with Bihar MLA Sivesh Kumar and his wife on a moving train, sources said on Sunday.
Action was taken against four Travelling Ticket Examiners (TTE) and a booking clerk as they had allegedly misbehaved with the BJP MLA and his wife in an AC two-tier coach of the Danapur-Howrah Express on Friday after the train left Patna.
Two of the five were detained for questioning.
Following a complaint filed by the MLA, the ECR set up a three-member panel comprising Additional Commercial Manager - Goods, Additional Operation Manager - Coaching, and Additional Safety Commissioner, Patna, to investigate into the case, sources said.
The probe team has been asked to submit its preliminary report by tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Fed up with heavy school bags, two students hold press meet to narrate woes - READ
- Have you seen Meher Malik's hot belly dance moves on 'Beat Pe Booty'? Watch now!
- Ravichandran Ashwin surpasses Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev in most 'Man of the Series' awards
- Nigerian Air Force says kills top Boko Haram militants, leader believed wounded
- Amar Singh threatens to quit Samajwadi Party over insult by party leaders